Laserfiche Tips and Tricks – Simplify Placing Date On Documents
If you process applications, one of the first tasks you must do is document when the application was receivedis record the date the application was received . Laserfiche allows a user to simply add an annotation to a document. This is a easy way to apply a annotation on the first page but, it is a little time consuming because we must enter the date manually. One of Laserfiche tips and tricks is to simplify placing date on documents by using dynamic annotations.
Laserfiche does have the capability to process stamps dynamically that will automatically apply today’s date on a document.
Here is how you can create this kind of dynamic stamp:
- Open the application in Laserfiche and navigate to the “Annotations – stamp – more” menu.
- Click on “Add” and select “Create Custom Stamp.”
- Give the stamp a name such as “Reviewed Today” that will make it easy for you to remember.
- Type in the stamp text: “Reviewed on ” and then click the little arrow to select the “Date” token.
- Select your font, size and whether you want it to be a public, personal or single use stamp.
- Click “OK.”
Next time you want to use the stamp, simply select it from the Stamp menu