I was asked the other day by a client who was wondering if they were complicating their organization by implementing a paperless workflow for their caseworkers.
Here are some guidelines that I shared with her.
Implementing workflow makes a lot of sense:
- If you have quite a few steps in your business process
- If you have a large number of documents you need to run thru this process
- If you need to monitor where documents are in your process
- If you would like consistency on how each document is processed
I have many clients that have implemented Laserfiche workflow to save time but the golden nuggets they uncovered was not just time savings. They found that workflow also helped in these areas also:
- Resulted in less new employee training.
- Found that their applications were processed consistently.
- Made their audit go more smoothly.
I would love to hear any questions that you may have about going paperless.